Re: [ptp-dev] Problems trying to create resource manager using XML framework

Al
I experimented with this a bit and was able to create a PE proxy plugin, make a minor chnage to the XML configuration file and then see that change show up in the run configuration dialog.

I set the plugin up using theorg.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core plugin.xml and MANIFEST.MF files as a starting point where I copied them then changed those copies. In plugin.xml, extensions specifications, I left IDs, classes, etc the same as in your plugin.xml unless I thought I had good reason to change them to specify a unique id for my proxy. For the moment, I'm calling my proxy org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe_v2.

I also copied your pbs-torque-generic.xml to a data directory in my plugin, named ibmpe_v2.xml.

In the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core.JAXBResourceManagerConfigurations extension point, I specified the id as org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe_v2.ServiceProvider but when I tried to open the run configuration dialog I got a bunch of InstantiationError exceptions.I changed it to org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.JAXBServiceProvider and the exceptions went away and I was able to see the widgets in the run configuration resources tab just like in your proxy.

I'm attaching my plugin.xml and MANIFEST.MF files. Can you let me know if I have these set up as you intended or what I need to change?

Thanks

Dave

Re: [ptp-dev] Problems trying to create resource        manager        using        XML        framework

Albert L. Rossi to: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
04/26/2011 02:39 PM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

Dave,

You're free to mess around with this as you like.  I can tell you what I'll be doing:

1.  Right now, there is an option to tail-F stdout to the console for batch jobs, but that involves some messy stuff you have to do in the script config to get it to work.  I think I'm going to get rid of that (it's a bit of a burden on the user/programmer to get it right) and just try to see if I can stream the entire file over upon job completion -- provided the user sets the file paths (I know for sure it is possible in both PBS and LL, I think it is for LSF too).

2.  I need to fill in a hole in the design.  Right now you can do batch submissions or interactive submissions to runtime engines like OpenMPI or PE.  To support interactive PBS (-I) or whatever the equivalent is in LL, I need a way of indicating that a command is really the input stream to another command, and then add the implementation hooks for it.

I definitely want to know if there are other holes here necessary for supporting PE/LL; I may not be able to address them immediately, but the sooner the better.

Thanks, Al