Re: [ptp-dev] About the new RM proxy protocol

Jie
The majority of the changes in proxy protocol in PTP 5.0 are in the supporting proxy libraries and resource manager classes. You should not have to change your proxy or resource managers for this. You do have the option of a couple small changes to your proxy to handle message flow control (keeping the proxy from flooding the Eclipse client withmessages). However, unless your proxy generates lots of messages in short intervals, it's not worth worrying about.

The proxy protocol in PTP 4.0 is not compatible with the protocol in PTP 5.0. If you mix versions, your proxy is guaranteed to fail at startup.
Dave

Re: [ptp-dev] About the new RM proxy protocol

Greg Watson to: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
04/26/2011 07:12 PM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

Jie,

The protocol has changed slightly, but you shouldn't need to change anything in your RM. My understanding (Dave can correct me if I'm wrong) is that it's all hidden in the proxy classes.

Greg