[ptp-dev] Problems trying to create resource manager using XML framework

Al
I'm experimenting with building a PE resource manager using your framework and ran into a problem where I suspect I don't have some prerequisite plugins installed. I've installed the Indigo M6A build, CDT 8.0, RSE 3.3, Java 1.6.20  and extracted the latest PTP source from HEAD.

At first I was getting hundreds of error messages in org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core complaining about forbidden references to classes in the Java runtime. I got around that by turning off the error flag in the error/warnings properties page for forbidden reference.

Then I got error messages in org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.tests and org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.ui complaining that javax.xml.stream, javax.xml.bind, com.sun.xml.bind and javax.activation could not be resolved.  Is there something else I need to install? I see the javax* packages defined in the Java 6 javadoc but not Java 5.

I'm assuming once I get everything else configured properly, I need to create a single PE plugin that refers to your framework and sets up the right extension points. What do I need to specify in these files to get set up?

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top