[ptp-dev] resource_manager.xsd version 5 questions/comments

Al
I took a look at version 5 of your schema and I think it generally does what I need. Once there is a workable implementation I'll have to experiment a bit. I do have a few comments/questions

1) I was looking at the definition of the argslist element and the reference to dynamic attributes. I'm not quite sure hos this is supposed to work, but what occurred to me at this point was that I have a run configuration that has a set of attributes with values stored in it, where I may have used that same run configuration with several different resource managers that accept only a subset of the attributes that are in the run configuration. For instance I may use the same run configuration to run PE applications on both AIX and Linux, where some PE options may not be valid on Linux or AIX. Do you anticipate that the resource manager will filter the attributes in a run configuration so that only the set of valid attributes and their values is displayed in the run configuration and passed to the application in the run command? I'm thinking the set of allowable attributes that would be displayed and passed to the application would be what's defined in the XML file for that configuration and the rest of the attributes in the run configuration would be ignored.

2) In the launch-tab element there's an advancedModeEnabled element that allows the user to edit/create a script file. What's expected to be in that script file and how does that get passed in the run command. Is this expected to be the exact command(s) used to invoke the application or is it something like a .rc file with a bunch of environment variable settings? I think a script with the exact commands would be acceptable since this is 'advanced mode', but not sure that's what you intended.

3) I was looking at the widget element. In there, there is an enumeration for browseButton. In my PE implementation, I have three different variations of a selector dialog, browse for an existing directory, where only directories can be selected. browse for existing file which accepts only file selections and browse for file where the user may type in the name of a new file once he navigates to the desired directory. Do we want that level of specification in the schema?

Dave

Back to the top