Re: [ptp-dev] Updated Resource Manager Schema

Dave,

If we go with an ssh client-side exec of the submission, parsing stdout is the only way to get the batch id (reliably) if it is through a scheduler.  The pattern-matching is what I had the tokenization for.  This depends unfortunately on how the sysadmins set up the submission script.

We can add a different section, perhaps, to deal with stdout.  In the case of a scheduler, for instance, the stdout from the ssh call should not go to the screen (if there is an error, it should perhaps), but the stdout from the job can.

I think that the handling of stdout right now is not well-defined enough to set this in stone, but as I said, we were leaning towards doing all this on the client end.

Al