Re: [ptp-dev] Updated Resource Manager Schema

Greg
If I'm understanding this correctly, that means some job notifications are sent to the client in the stdout stream. Does this assume a proxy process on the remote side to set up the is this exppected to be handled by whatever command invokes the application?

Is stdout the right place to be sending this information? I think that implies that there has to be some tag generated that can be pattern matched in the stdout stream to get this information and not accidentally match some random data generated by the application.

Does there need to be some specification in Al's schema to indicate that stdout is routed to both a parser and to a console viewer?

Finally, if stdout is sent to an Eclipse console viewer, what does the viewer need to know in order to filter this data out so the user doesn't see it?
Dave

Re: [ptp-dev] Updated Resource Manager Schema

Greg Watson to: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
01/18/2011 10:11 AM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

If you want the interactive job to show up in the jobs view and be able to be terminated by the user then it will need a parser.

Greg