Re: [ptp-dev] java proxy dependencies

>> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Dieter <dieter.krachtus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I did some intiail tests to reduce the jproxy size:
>>
>> Original jar: 30 MB
>> http://129.206.117.40:2222/test/test.jar
>>
>> Automated dependency analysis (only necessary .class file in jar): 1 MB
>> http://129.206.117.40:2222/test/test-minimal.jar
>>

> OK. Great. Thanks. So it would be sufficient to do this if we want to go this route. How long > does the dependency analysis take? If it takes several minutes it would be inconvenient for > development.

No. It works instantaneously. The approach is similar to what Eclipse
is using to build its internal model/abstract syntax tree which then
contains all the dependency information like the call or type
hierarchy.
Currently I use my own byte code analysis library but I used open
source alternatives like ASM, Javaassist and BCEL  for similar tasks
in the past. I will pick the one with the most appropriate license and
integrate it in ANT.

Dieter

Back to the top