Re: [ptp-dev] java proxy dependencies

Moving discussion to ptp-dev.

On Oct 30, 2010, at 6:37 AM, Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Dieter <dieter.krachtus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did some intiail tests to reduce the jproxy size:

Original jar: 30 MB
http://129.206.117.40:2222/test/test.jar

Automated dependency analysis (only necessary .class file in jar): 1MB
http://129.206.117.40:2222/test/test-minimal.jar

OK. Great. Thanks. So it would be sufficient to do this if we want to go this route. How long does the dependency analysis take? If it takes several minutes it would be inconvenient for development.

Dep. analysis + pack200 + Gzip: 350 KB
http://129.206.117.40:2222/test/test-minimal.pack.gz

Can somebody please test if test-minimal.jar is still functional and
if not if it is due to missing .class or resource files.

The message files are missing. Otherwise I don't see anything from looking at the files. I haven't run it though. I assume that if a few files are missing they don't change the size drastically and thus I think this is enough as proof of concept. Thus I suggest we first decide whether we want to go this way or one of the other options, before we optimize this approach (make sure all is included).

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Back to the top