[ptp-dev] Specifying initial directory for file selector dialogs

I was looking at bug 324142 with the intent to open the file or directory selector dialogs expanded at the last referenced directory (from the run configuration) or the user's home directory if the run configuration doesn't have the last referenced directory for a field. The IRemoteUIFileManager interface defines a browseFile() method that opens a file selector dialog. I'm using this method to open the file selector dialog. However, in looking at the classes LocalUIFileManager, RemoteToolsUIFileManager and RSEUIFileManager, it looks like only the LocalUIFileManager class actually does anything with the initialPath parameter, and that the only case where this will work is with local files.

I also looked at the RSEUIFileManager class. It uses the RSE SystemRemoteFileDialog class to dis[play the file selector and it looks like RSE doesn't even support opening the file selector dialog at a specified directory.

Am I correct that there is no way for me to  do what I want? Am I missing something?
Dave

Back to the top