Re: [ptp-dev] Unable to start resource manager

I just tried this again and noticed the InvocationTargetException referred to a NullPointerException. I added NullPointerException to the list of exceptions the debugger traps on and tried again to start the resource manager. I got the following NullPointerException traceback

Dave

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/16/2010 03:58 PM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Unable to start resource manager
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

I've been changing a few things lately, so I must have broken something. I'll check it out...

Greg

On Aug 16, 2010, at 3:45 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

I updated my workspace to the latest code from HEAD and am now unable to start the PE resource manager. I created a new resource manager in my runtime Eclipse session. When I attempt to start it, I get a popup 'Failed to start resource manager' This is issued from org.eclipse.ptp.ui.actions.StartResourcemanagerOptionActionDelegate.run() as a result of catching an InvocationTargetException. I tried debugging this but the exception didn't seem to have any details explaining the reason.

I first noticed this problem last Friday. When I tried starting the resource manager earlier in the week it did not result in this error.

Dave