Re: [ptp-dev] Need rdt-server support for PAM authentication

Jie,

The rdt-server is based on the RSE dstore server, so you'll need to get it working with the dstore server first. RSE is part of the DSDP/TM project (http://eclipse.org/dsdp/tm) so you'll need to direct any questions to them. However, I don't believe you'd need to recompile the rdt-server if you change any of the support files.

Also, if you're using Remote Tools (part of PTP) instead of RSE for the remote connection then you don't need to worry about authentication. Remote Tools will make an ssh connection to the remote machine, then start the rdt-server at the end of a tunnel (it also automatically copies the rdt-server to the remote machine). Since authentication is already done by ssh, it does not need to be done again.

Regards,
Greg