Re: [ptp-dev] PTP Refactoring Plugin Development

Hi Beth!

That looks like a great starting point.  I will look into those!

Thanks,
Fredrik

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Fredrik!
We look forward to working with you!

>Would this just be a CDT Plugin project with some extra dependencies?
Sort of. But all the call graph, control flow graph, dependence graph, etc. stuff is actually in PTP.
It was all built for the MPI Barrier Analysis.

You might look at how the org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.mpi.analysis.* plugins are set up.
the org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.mpi.analysis.cdt plugin has all the generic structures;
so I presume you would need them.
You might look at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/articles/static_analysis
Just realized the description is based on old eclipse - use Eclipse 3.6 now. And CDT 7.0.
Ask if it doesn't make sense. I will fix those instructions when i get a chance.
But basically you want that EclipseCon presentation from 2008 - Static Analysis in PTP with CDT, EclipseCon, March 2008

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Fredrik Kjoelstad ---04/20/2010 02:37:14 PM---Hi all, I am a student of Marc Snir at UIUC and we are Fredrik Kjoelstad ---04/20/2010 02:37:14 PM---Hi all, I am a student of Marc Snir at UIUC and we are interested in tools to help

Fredrik Kjoelstad <fredrikbk@xxxxxxxxx>

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2010 02:37 PM

[ptp-dev] PTP Refactoring Plugin Development

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I am a student of Marc Snir at UIUC and we are interested in tools to help programmers refactor their HPC code for increased performance.  We want to combine information from compilers, performance tools and custom analyses with the programmers knowledge of the domain to make concrete suggestions on how the code can be transformed.

We want to implement such refactorings within PTP so I thought I should introduce myself.  I would also be interested in any advice on how to set up a refactoring plugin project that has access to the internal representations (Callgraph, CFGs, Dependence Graphs, etc.) that PTP provides.  Would this just be a CDT Plugin project with some extra dependencies?

Sincerely,

ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx