[ptp-dev] PBS UI

In anticipation of our call this morning, I thought I'd post my progress on PBS UI.

I now have a working fuller version.  I have not yet committed this as a bug/patch, but will later today.  I've tested against the current proxy on abe, and it works (the job actually was submitted and ran, and I saw it listed in the RM view).

The current functionality consists of:

1.  Preference Page
    Here the user can set which attributes to display in the Launch Tab.
    The user can load in templated lists (properties with attribute name and an optional tool tip; the default template is a list of all the known attributes for PBS).
    The user then checks which of those to display.
    New lists can be created, lists can be deleted and edited.
    The lists are stored in the installed pbs-feature under a directory "attrconf".

2.  Launch Tab
    Now displays the (most recently selected/configured) set of attributes/values.

This version does not use the new Attribute protocol, and does not check/reconfirm the list of attributes in a handshake with the proxy.  I anticipate that these changes will be rolled in during a later service release.

I have just one more thing to add before submitting the patch:  I have as yet not decided what to do about the mpirun -n option.  Roland, we need to agree on what this should be.  Do you want the client to try to insert "mpirun -n [cpus]" before the application command, or should I just pass -n as another attribute and let the proxy handle this?  To do it in the client, I wlll have to see exactly where the command is being constructed and try to intercept that (it is in a base class somewhere, not in the PBS-specific classes).

Al

Back to the top