[ptp-dev] Possible PPW plugin contribution

PTP folks,

This is Max from the University of Florida -- I work in a group that works on Parallel Performance Wizard (PPW), a performance tool that focuses on support for partitioned global-address-space (PGAS) programming models, including UPC.

I have written plugins to integrate PPW with Eclipse PTP by way of the External Tools Framework (ETFw) that is a part of PTP.  We are interested in contributed our PPW plugins to the PTP project.  This contribution would be of benefit to any PPW users who use or are looking to use Eclipse, and to any existing PTP users who may want to try PPW, in particular for UPC development.  The contribution would also provide one more example of the use of the ETFw, which would benefit others who are considering the use of the framework.

Note that we have also worked on a tool-chain and project wizard plugin for the open-source Berkeley UPC compiler (http://upc.lbl.gov/), which supports PPW.  We will be exploring the possibility of contributing this plugin to CDT.

Please let me know any and all thoughts about the usefulness and suitability of our PPW plugin contribution.

Thanks,

-Max

Back to the top