Re: [ptp-dev] Prepending MPI Launch Command

The initial use-case for this is the Scalasca performance analysis system.  One of their utilities is put before the 'mpirun' or equivalent command.  It's a sequential program that starts the first parallel job with the given executable, and then starts a second parallel job after the first returns, to do parallel analysis of the performance data generated by the application run.

On the command line if you do:

scan -t mpirun -np 4 a.out <arguments to a>

Scalasca will first execute "mpirun -np 4 a.out <arguments to a>" and then "mpirun -np 4 scout..mpi <trace data>"

It's possible that this could be accomplished in a workflow, since what "scalasca -analyze" does can be done manually.  But I believe there are a couple tools out there that fit this model and it'd be nice to be able to support them directly.

Regards,
Wyatt Spear