Re: [ptp-dev] Next PTP release - 2.2 vs. 3.0?

Thanks, Greg - this clears the murk considerably!
Jay

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Watson" <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Parallel Tools Platform general developers" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Next PTP release - 2.2 vs. 3.0?

Beth & Jay,

Eclipse defines when version numbers change:

- The major segment number must be increased when a plug-in makes breaking changes to its API. - The minor segment number must be incremented when a plug-in changes in an "externally visible" way. - The service segment number must be incremented whenever there have been changes to a plug-in between releases that are not visible in its API.

The 2.1 release didn't involve any breaking API changes, whereas the next release will. I think this requires us to use 3.0.

Regards,

Greg