[ptp-dev] Question about running additional commands in external tools framework

Wyatt
I'm wondering if there's a way to run additional commands prior to running
my application using the performance configuration dialog and your
framework.
I tried putting
<utility command="/bin/touch /tmp/plugin"> statement in my XML file
thinking that would run the touch command on the remote system. I ended up
getting a popup telling me the '\/bin/touch /tmp/plugin' tool wasn't found
so I'm guessing this was run on my local system and failed.

Is there a way I can run a remote command before running my application
using your framework that doesn't require the user to do anything? Is
there something I can code in the XML file to do this?

If not, I'll have to think about a different way to solve this since I
think this is very specific to my plugin. I'm trying to touch a file to
use as a timestamp so I can find files created later than the date of the
file I touched. I can't rely on time o the local system since clocks may
be out of sync.
Dave

Back to the top