Re: [ptp-dev] How to export the project in PTP2.1

The build scripts check out the source code from the CVS repository, so you must be on line to do the build. Please get to the point where './ptpbuild 2.1.1' works for you.

Since 'ptpbuild' checks out the org.eclipse.ptp.releng project (which contains customTargets.xml), you will need to comment this line out of the script and check out the project manually. Otherwise your modified customTargets.xml will get overwritten each time.

To create a patch file using eclipse, check out a package from CVS and make the changes you want. Then right click on the package and use the Team>Create Patch... context menu to create a patch file. Next, edit org.eclipse.ptp.releng/master/patch.xml and add the line <patch patchfile="location-of-patch-file"/> to it. The patch should then be applied when you run the build. I haven't tried this before, so I may have missed something.

To use the "preProcess" target, you could do something like:

<target name="preProcess">
	<unzip src="path-to-zip-file" dest="${buildDirectory}"/>
</target>

If "path-to-zip-file" is a zip file containing a features and plugins, it should replace an existing plugin.

Regards,
Greg