Re: [ptp-dev] How to export the project in PTP2.1

Peichang Shi,

To build PTP, you just need the 'ptpbuild' script located in the org.eclipse.ptp.releng plugin. Run this script with the version number you wish to build, e.g. "./ptpbuild 2.1.1". The script should check everything out of the repository for you automatically and build a master update site.

If you wish to replace a plugin with your own, you will need to modify the script in org.eclipse.ptp.releng/master/customTargets.xml. I think the easiest way to do this is provide a patch file for the 'applyPatches' step. Alternatively you could add a 'preProcess' operation that replaces the checked out plugin with your own. Finally, you could also set up your own CVS repository, then modify org.eclipse.ptp.releng/maps/ptp.map to check out your version of the plugin.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Greg