Re: [ptp-dev] How to add Resource Managers Factories?

Hi Yuanbin Zou,

Resource managers are added by contributing an extension to the "resourceManagers" extension point. This is managed by org.eclipse.ptp.internal.core.ModelManager. Resource persistence (resourceManagers.xml) is handled by org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rmsystem.ResourceManagerPersistence. Both these are in the org.eclipse.ptp.core plugin, so replacing the org.eclipse.ptp.ui plugin should not change how this is handled. However, if you're bypassing code in the org.eclipse.ptp.core plugin by reading/writing resourceManagers.xml directly, then the org.eclipse.ptp.ui plugin is probably not going to work correctly.

Greg