Re: [ptp-dev] Question about procedure to fix a PTP problem

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I made a change to a class in
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.ui then exported the project into my plugins
directory and restarted Eclipse. After Eclipse restarts, it still loads
the old jar file. I verified this by looking at the plugin details list
and seeing the jar file with the old timestamp in the list. If I start
Eclipse with the -clean flag that doesn't make any difference. I looked in
the .log file in my workspace and I see that the -clean flag is passed in,
but I don't see any  messages related to this jar file. If I rename the
old jar files so the only one available is the one I just exprted, it
still doesn't get loaded. When I do that, I get errors when I open the run
configuration dialog since it can't load the required classes.

This is on a Windows XP system if that makes any difference.

Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?
Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/22/2008 01:54 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Question about procedure to fix a PTP problem

Dave,

Yes, export as "deployable plug-ins and fragments", choose the plugin
you want, and under "options" check the "Package plugins as individual
JAR archieves"  option (except if this is one of the C plugins like
the proxy or utils). All other options should be unchecked. Then copy
the jar file into you eclipse plugins directory and restart eclipse.
It should pick up the new plugin automatically (you might need to do a
-clean on linux).

Greg