Re: [ptp-dev] M5 build candidate

Wyatt,

Can you open a bug on this one? If you could attach the output from running mpirun on the command line, I think that would help also.

Greg

On Oct 7, 2008, at 7:49 PM, Wyatt Spear wrote:

The good news is that the previous problem was mostly my fault.  The example I used expected input from the standard in and PTP hung waiting for that.  I didn't see any indication that this was the case until I looked at the debug info though.

The bad news is that when I run with a different program I get the error debug output pasted below.  The command listed runs correctly from the command line, so I'm not sure where the null might be coming from.  Let me know if I can do anything else to help track this down.

Regards,
Wyatt

Environment variables:
Work directory: /home/wspear/Desktop/testPTP210/workspace/ringer/Debug
Command: mpirun -display-map -np 4 /home/wspear/Desktop/testPTP210/workspace/ringer/Debug/ringer
RTS job #16777220: handle before execution
RTS job #16777220: start
RTS job #16777220: handle start
RTS Open_MPI@Local: new process #16777221
RTS job #16777220: starting all threads
RTS job #16777220: stdout thread: started
RTS job #16777220: display-map parser thread: started
RTS job #16777220: waiting for display-map parser thread to finish
RTS job #16777220: stderr thread: started
RTS job #16777220:> 1 done.
RTS job #16777220:> 0 done.
RTS job #16777220:> 2 done.
RTS job #16777220:> 3 done.
RTS job #16777220: stdout thread: finished
Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1140)
        at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:291)
        at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:211)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:888)
        at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIProcessMapText12Parser.readLine1(OpenMPIProcessMapText12Parser.java:316)
        at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIProcessMapText12Parser.parse(OpenMPIProcessMapText12Parser.java:43)
        at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob$3.run(OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.java:200)
RTS job #16777220: updating model with display-map information
RTS job #16777220: cleanup
RTS job #16777220: stderr thread: finished
RTS Open_MPI@Local, job #16777220: jobState=TERMINATED
RTS Open_MPI@Local, process #16777221: processState=EXITED