Re: [ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

I think i had the problem that the Jobs view wasn't in the PTP Runtime perspective. Reset Perspective should fix that.
But my problem was in a pre-M1 build i was testing for Greg last week. M1 didn't do that for me.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Chris Recoskie ---09/10/2008 09:02:40 AM---Maybe the build is corrupt? I had a similar problem the otChris Recoskie ---09/10/2008 09:02:40 AM---Maybe the build is corrupt? I had a similar problem the other day when testing out one of the builds that led up to this.

          Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          09/10/2008 08:53 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

Maybe the build is corrupt? I had a similar problem the other day when testing out one of the builds that led up to this.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto

http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Inactive hide details for Dave Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx>Dave Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx>

                  Dave Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx>
                  Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  09/09/2008 11:06 PM

Please respond to

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

[ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

I downloaded PTP 2.1 milestone 1 tonight and think I have everything correctly installed, Eclipse 3.4, CDT 5.0.1, RSE version 3.0 and PTP 2.1 milestone 1.

I noticed three problems

1) When I open the PTP perspective, the PTP macine, resource manager and jobs views don't appear automatically. I can open them manually by going to the Windows->Views menu and finding them.

2) I created a PE resource manager using Remote Tools as the service provider and was able to remotely browse to locate my PE proxy executable and complete the creation of the resource manager. When I try to start it, my proxy hangs with the following traceback when I gdb attach to it#0 0x0fcef6fc in connect () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

#1 0x10007978 in proxy_tcp_svr_connect (svr=0x10030020,
host=0xffbefe40 "9.76.74.183", port=2397) at src/proxy_tcp_svr.c:210

#2 0x10006f7c in proxy_svr_connect (ps=0x200, host=0xffbef964 "", port=16)

at src/proxy_svr.c:89

#3 0x10005f10 in main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=0xffbefcd4)

at src/ptp_ibmpe_proxy.c:5413

I have Eclipse installed on a Windows XP SP2 system and trying to connect to a remote Linux system. I was able to do this a few days ago using a PE proxy using a RSE service provider. I'm going thru a VPN connection plus a couple firewalls on my end (which is the same as a few days ago). In the proxy configuration I select the IP address that my Linux system sees my connect ion as as the address in the 'Local address for proxy connection' dropdown.
3) I tried to create a new remote C project. In the new project wizard, I enter a project name and uncheck 'use default location'. I pick remote tools as the filesystem, then click browse next to loction. There is a connection drop down in teh browse directory dialog that appears, but it is empty. If I click the 'new' button next to the connection dropdown, nothing happens.

Is there some setup I need to do to get remote tools filesystems to work other than installing the PTP M1 code into my Eclipse installation?

Dave