Re: [ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

>Is there some setup I need to do to get remote tools filesystems to work other than installing the PTP M1 code into my Eclipse installation?
For RDT to work you need to start an RSE server on the remote target

I wrote these instructions last week, when you had to build it all yourself. I think Chris/Vivian are working on building the part that needs to be installed on the remote target so you don't have to do that, but it's pretty straightforward to do if you want to try it now.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/rdt-setup (don't have to build anything on local eclipse machine, since the M1 build has that done for you already.)
Do thru step 6
Then start the server in step 10

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Dave Wootton---09/09/2008 11:09:05 PM---I downloaded PTP 2.1 milestone 1 tonight and think I have eveDave Wootton---09/09/2008 11:09:05 PM---I downloaded PTP 2.1 milestone 1 tonight and think I have everything correctly installed, Eclipse 3.4, CDT 5.0.1, RSE version 3

          Dave Wootton/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          09/09/2008 11:06 PM

          Please respond to

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

I downloaded PTP 2.1 milestone 1 tonight and think I have everything correctly installed, Eclipse 3.4, CDT 5.0.1, RSE version 3.0 and PTP 2.1 milestone 1.
I noticed three problems
1) When I open the PTP perspective, the PTP macine, resource manager and jobs views don't appear automatically. I can open them manually by going to the Windows->Views menu and finding them.
2) I created a PE resource manager using Remote Tools as the service provider and was able to remotely browse to locate my PE proxy executable and complete the creation of the resource manager. When I try to start it, my proxy hangs with the following traceback when I gdb attach to it#0 0x0fcef6fc in connect () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#1 0x10007978 in proxy_tcp_svr_connect (svr=0x10030020,
host=0xffbefe40 "9.76.74.183", port=2397) at src/proxy_tcp_svr.c:210
#2 0x10006f7c in proxy_svr_connect (ps=0x200, host=0xffbef964 "", port=16)
at src/proxy_svr.c:89
#3 0x10005f10 in main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=0xffbefcd4)
at src/ptp_ibmpe_proxy.c:5413
I have Eclipse installed on a Windows XP SP2 system and trying to connect to a remote Linux system. I was able to do this a few days ago using a PE proxy using a RSE service provider. I'm going thru a VPN connection plus a couple firewalls on my end (which is the same as a few days ago). In the proxy configuration I select the IP address that my Linux system sees my connect ion as as the address in the 'Local address for proxy connection' dropdown.
3) I tried to create a new remote C project. In the new project wizard, I enter a project name and uncheck 'use default location'. I pick remote tools as the filesystem, then click browse next to loction. There is a connection drop down in teh browse directory dialog that appears, but it is empty. If I click the 'new' button next to the connection dropdown, nothing happens.

Is there some setup I need to do to get remote tools filesystems to work other than installing the PTP M1 code into my Eclipse installation?

Dave