Re: [ptp-dev] Externalized messages on PTP

Chris,

I completely agree with you. Furthermore, a centralized plugin for messages does not look as a good design. It does not favour easy maintenance of individual plugins nor team collaboration across plugin developers.

Best regads,
Daniel Felix Ferber

Chris Recoskie wrote:

> 1. Having an independent plugin to centralize all the externalized
> strings for whole PTP project.
> --For this approach, I think getString() is better choice

I would veto this anyway, as this would mean none of the plugins would work standalone.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Inactive hide details for Hong Chang Lin <linhongc@xxxxxxxxxx>Hong Chang Lin <linhongc@xxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Externalized messages on PTP

I found I made mistake, let me clear my thoughts:

1. Having an independent plugin to centralize all the externalized strings for whole PTP project.
--For this approach, I think getString() is better choice

2. Let each plugin to have its own package to contain Messages.java and messages.properties. This is Greg's opinion, I misunderstood it as the 1st one.
--For this approach, static properties in Messages is better

Since many PTP plugins already follow the 2nd approach, it' easier to make it as the PTP guideline.

Best Regards,

------
Hongchang Lin

Back to the top