Re: [ptp-dev] Externalized messages on PTP

I found I made mistake, let me clear my thoughts:

1. Having an independent plugin to centralize all the externalized strings for whole PTP project.
--For this approach, I think getString() is better choice

2. Let each plugin to have its own package to contain Messages.java and messages.properties. This is Greg's opinion, I misunderstood it as the 1st one.
--For this approach, static properties in Messages is better

Since many PTP plugins already follow the 2nd approach, it' easier to make it as the PTP guideline.

Best Regards,

------
Hongchang Lin

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          09/04/2008 12:48 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Externalized messages on PTP

I prefer the static properties in the Messages class unless anyone feels strongly about getString.

Greg