Re: [ptp-dev] Externalized messages on PTP

Yes I just think we need some consistency - or at least encouragement to do something somewhat consistent - as you said we haven't always done this.
In the parts of PLDT where I used messages, I usually just put a getResourceString() in the plugin class and put a messages.properties in the directory of the base package in each plugin.
I think that's OK too, but anything more consistent than what we have now (no policy) is probably fine too.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---08/25/2008 02:08:43 PM---No, there's no policy, but now seems like a good time to makeGreg Watson ---08/25/2008 02:08:43 PM---No, there's no policy, but now seems like a good time to make one. I

          Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          08/25/2008 01:41 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Externalized messages on PTP

No, there's no policy, but now seems like a good time to make one. I
notice that Chris has created an org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core.messages
package with Messages.java and messages.properties. This seems like a
good idea to me. Anyone have any strong feelings about this?

Greg