Re: [ptp-dev] UPC support beginning to be added

So far, just the simple "assistance tools".
To begin with, hooking up the simple help functions (hover help, F1 help which brings up a small help view with some html help text about a particular UPC api, content assist, etc.)
And location of "UPC artifacts" similar to MPI, OpenMP, etc.
MPI & OpenMP artifacts are APIs and also some #pragmas for OpenMP. They are meant to make it easy to identify the parallel constructs in existing code.
With UPC, I'm trying to decide what that means.
With UPC, some is built into the language, and some are library/API calls, so it's hard to know where to stop.

There is no specialized analysis features yet for UPC.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511
Inactive hide details for Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>

          Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          05/27/08 10:16 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] UPC support beginning to be added

Beth,

Could you summarize what you are planning? I'd like to think about similar things for coarrays in Fortran.

Cheers,
Craig

      I'm starting to commit the beginnings of some simple UPC analysis features for PLDT.
      To begin with it's finding the UPC "artifacts" (APIs etc) and a bunch of help files.

      This is going in HEAD, on Eclipse 3.4 / CDT 5.0 / PTP 2.1