Re: [ptp-dev] Remote Tools Debug

I presume you've read through how to set up a resource manager for a remote
target.
The most recent docs are in your eclipse build - Help > Help Contents and
click on PTP Parallel Tools Platforms
Then click on Resource Managers, Remote Resource Manager
Also click on "Launching Parallel Programs remotely"

But these copies on the website are almost as recent:
http://www.eclipse.org/ptp/documentation/2.0/org.eclipse.ptp.help/html/02resMgrSetup.html#configRMR
and
http://www.eclipse.org/ptp/documentation/2.0/org.eclipse.ptp.help/html/02pLaunchConfigRemote.html

Notice the remark "Note: assure that sftp: works on the remote machine,
with a known userid and password."
But maybe from your remarks you have already done that.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Petkov,
             Ventsislav V."
             <v_petkov@xxxxxx>                                          To
             Sent by:                  ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ptp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [ptp-dev] Remote Tools Debug
             03/16/08 12:53 PM

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,
how can I enable debug output for the Remote Tools? On my local network
they work but now I'm trying to use Remote Tools on a Solaris machine to
connect to another system. I always get the error "Failed to connect"...
SSH with sftp is enabled and working on the remote system.

Thanks,
V. Petkov