[ptp-dev] Suggestions for PTP runtime view

I've got a couple people on my team testing my PE resource manager
implementation and they noted a few suggestions for improvement of the PTP
runtime view

1) The purpose of the red 'Terminate all' icon in the jobs view is a
little confusing. I had understood the purpose of this icon to terminate
all running jobs. It turns out that it (correctly, I think) terminates
only the currently selected job. Maybe the tooltip help for the icon could
clarify this by reading something like 'Teminate selected job'
2) The process info window in the machine view should be a scrollable
window, horizontally and vertically. Currently, the info I have displayed
in there gets truncated unless the user drags the slider widget to expand
the window, and the window has no scrollbars.
3) The node attributes window in the machine view shows the proxy
generated node id as one of the attributes for the node. I don't think
this number means anything to the user, and should not be part of the
display. (If this is something I'm doing in my proxy code, let me know and
I will fix it).

I'll pass on more suggestions as I get them.
Dave

Back to the top