Re: [ptp-dev] Problem with creating enumerated attribute definitions?

I found some other bugs in this code. Please test and let me know if it's ok now.

I discussed the attribute types with Randy. The reason he added StringSetAttributeDefinition was that an EnumeratedAttributeDefinition maps to an existing (Java) enumerated type. Since there is no existing enumerated type when you create an enumerated attribute definition from the proxy end, its not possible to use this type. A StringSetAttributeDefinition has similar characteristics to an EnumeratedAttributeDefinition, it is just not backed by a real enumerated type.

I'm not sure I like the idea of having some attribute definition types that can't be created from the proxy end, and would like to consider merging these back together. We will lose some functionality from the EnumeratedAttributeDefinition since it won't be a real enumerated type any more, but I'm not sure this will be a big problem. Do you have any thoughts one way or the other?

Greg