Re: [ptp-dev] Possible problem with job id in new job events

Dave,

There are actually two id's used for jobs.

The first is a regular element id, the same as the id for any other element (node, machine, etc.) This id is generated by the proxy, and must be unique in the model. The proxy should be able to create unsolicited 'new job' events at any point after receiving a 'start event's command, and these jobs will just appear in the job view.

The second id is a 'job submission id'. This id is used by the resource manager to match up a 'job submission' command with a corresponding 'new job' event, but otherwise plays no part in the model. The 'job submission id' is sent as an attribute on the submission command, and *the same value* is returned as an attribute on the 'new job' event. If a 'new job' event does not have a 'job submission id' attribute, then it is assumed to be an unsolicited 'new job' event. The 'job submission id' only needs to be unique enough to distinguish between any outstanding job submissions.

As a consequence, I think the current implementation will meet your requirements, but let me know if you have any problems.

Regards,

Greg