[ptp-dev] Possible problem with job id in new job events

There may be a problem with the new job event generated by proxies in
response to a run request from a user. Currently, the new job event
contains the jobid which was passed by the front end as a parameter in the
run command and the proxy generated id for the job object. This works fine
in the case where the proxy is generating a new job event in response to a
run command from the front end.

If the proxy is generating new job events for other reasons, such as part
of proxy startup where we discover already running jobs on the system and
want to notify the front end of their existence, then we don't have a
front end generated job id to send back in the new job event. This also is
a problem in the case of a proxy restart, where we have the same situation
with previously running jobs, or if we have to refresh entire state of the
front end after a 'delete all' event has been sent.

Is there a way to inform the front end now for unsolicited new job events,
maybe by using a jobid of -1> If not, is it possible to extend the event
model to handle unsolicited notification of new jobs? I think the front
end can deal already with unsolicted events for generation of other
objects (nodes, processes) since those do not have a front end generated
identifier associated with them.

Dave

Back to the top