Re: [ptp-dev] Two PTP questions

Here are the files.

On Jun 6, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Greg Watson wrote:

On Jun 6, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

I've been looking at PTP code today so I can add support in my proxy for events to remove nodes, and haven't been able to find code which describes
what the structure is of the event I need to create in my proxy is
(attribute tags and associated values, as well as ordering or attributes within an event, if any). What code should I be looking at to understand
thte event structure?

Two places currently. Take a look in org.eclipse.ptp.proxy/src/ proxy_event.c. There should be functions to create all the events you need. Also, the event format is documented in org.eclipse.ptp.rtsystem.AbstractProxyRuntimeSystem. I need to move this to the wiki page, but I haven't had a chance yet (and also the event structure has been evolving a bit). Let me know if you need any additional event functionality and I'll add it.

I'm running with Eclipse 3.3RC3 and CDT 4.0.0.200705111955 as my base
Eclipse install. I downloaded what I think is the complete set of PTP
packages I need for a complete PTP build, and updated just now to the
latest HEAD branch code. Is there a list of packages I should have that I
can use to verify that I have the complete set downloaded?

I've attached team project sets for the major components. I've also been meaning to put these up on the wiki.

Save these files somewhere, then select each using File>Import>Team>Team Project Set. This should check out the appropriate files into your repository. The project sets are:

ptp-2.0-anonymous.psf: The main PTP plugins
ptp-proxy-2.0-anonymous.psf: The server side proxy and debugger code.
ptp-releng-2.0-anonymous.psf: The fragments for building the server side code

Let me know if you have any problems with any of this.

Greg

Back to the top