Re: [ptp-dev] module usage

We have done something similar for running product tests with parallel
applications, where we have a script which sets up whatever Parallel
Environment variables are needed, along with other setup, then invoke the
application. One of the developers I work with has raised the question how
do we handle these scripts when invoking an application from within a
launch configuration in PTP, since we want to invoke only one instance of
the script and then the script invokes the parallel application. So far, I
don't have a good solution for that case.

Dave

             Craig Rasmussen
             <crasmussen@lanl.
             gov>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  Parallel Tools Platform general
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/13/2006 01:22          [ptp-dev] module usage
             PM

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

At Los Alamos, we use modules to set environment to run LANL
installed tools like compilers.  I'm wondering who else within
listening distance is using modules?  Apparently LLNL is not, at
least on the machine I tried.  (A module is just a shell script that
set a users environment variables).

Cheers,
Craig