Re: [ptp-dev] PTP monthly conference call Dec 12

On Dec 7, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Hi
I see that you have your monthly conference call for Dec 12th. Since I
have not yet completed the approval process at IBM for me to participate
in the PTP project, would you still be willing to have me call in?
While I have been waiting for approval, I have been working on a prototype of the Parallel Environment job submission, using the OpenMPI proxy code
as a starting point, and am now at the point where I can submit a PE
application and have status and output sent back to the views in the
Eclipse front end. This isn't complete, but I wanted to work thru this to
understand the PTP code better and find out what sorts of questions I
should be asking.

First some questions:

Were you planning on using OpenMPI or did you just grab it as a place to start?

Are you primarily interested in job submission and monitoring?

How far have you gotten?

Our current status:

I've created a plugin that sounds very similar to what you are working on, see org.eclipse.ptp.lsf.proxy. It doesn't do anything yet (contains only stubs) but I wanted to use it to work out the API necessary for supporting the LSF queueing system. I was talking with Greg yesterday and we think we will probably startup the proxy from an ssh connection. Randy Roberts is currently working on some new API to support remote job submission beyond OpenMPI. We are also interested in supporting Moab.

It would be great to work with you to, first to get the design fleshed out, and then to get some code created.

I'm planning on attending the CDT telecon today as HP will is talking about remote projects.

Cheers,
Craig

Back to the top