Re: [ptp-dev] Remote capabilities

Craig,
cell IDE for SDK 1.1 & 2.0 has eclipse based remote launcher plug-ins capable of copy , delete, and launch processes on a remote or simulator target system.
The only requirement is SSH support on both host and target system.

Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

cell BE IDE Architect and Team Lead.
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-838-4723
Fax# 512-838-8858

Inactive hide details for Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>

          Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          11/27/2006 12:47 PM

          Please respond to
          Parallel Tools Platform general developers

cc

Subject

[ptp-dev] Remote capabilities

I've finished draft of a requirements document for remote
capabilities in PTP.  If I can, I'll put it up on the wiki today.

Over the holidays I was playing with the Remote System Explorer, part
of target management of the DSDP project.  It looks to do some of the
remote capabilities that we need for PTP.  In particular, it manages
connections to remote file systems.

It also may provide an API to start up processes on remote systems,
however, I haven't found it yet, if it exists.  At the moment, I'm
just trying to do something simple like start up a remote ORTE
daemon.  I think with the orte proxy this should allow us to run jobs
remotely (at least in the interactive queue), someone please correct
me if I'm wrong.

Beth, have you found anything in RTE to do with starting remote
processes?  I can see a Processes folder in the Remote Systems view,
but so far I've really only been able to start up a stupid shell.

Cheers,
Craig