[ptp-dev] Interest in participating in PTP development

Hi
I am part of a team in IBM that is planning to contribute code to the PTP
project, initially implementing support for running parallel applications
using IBM's Parallel Environment and Load Leveler products. Some of you
may have met my manager, Ted Hoover at Supercomping 2006 a couple weeks
ago.

Right now I'm am working on getting formal approval to contribute code to
the PTP project and have three questions that I need some answers for to
get the approval process within IBM started, since I'm not familiar with
specifics of how Eclipse projects operate.

1) What is the leadership model for the project? Who makes decisions
regarding things like project direction, acceptability of contributions,
etc, and how are those decisions made?

2) What is the testing model for the PTP project? Does the whole
development team participate in testing? Do you expect the user community
to participate in testing? At what points in the development cycle where
testing takes place or is testing done incrementally as the code is
developed?

3) Do you have a process for assigning copyrights for contributions to the
PTP project that I would have to follow? Is there a standardized form that
needs to be completed?

If you can answer these questions, or provide Eclipse website URLs that I
can reach to get answers to these questions, then I can get my
participation approval process started.

Thanks for your help.
Dave

Back to the top