Re: [ptp-dev] cannot get breakpoint information error

Are you working from the CVS or v1.0?

A few things to check:

1. Open Window->Preferences...->Run/Debug->Perspective and check the settings for Parallel Application are set to switch perspective (or ask to switch).

2. Check the PTP->Debug preferences are set to register process 0 automatically (the perspective switch won't happen without this)

3. If you're using v1.0 then your gdb must be version 6.2 or earlier. If you're using CVS then it must be 6.3 or later. There's a grey area with 6.3, so I'd suggest upgrading to 6.4 or later just in case.

Finally, debugging Fortran has not been tested and depends on how well it is handled by the version of gdb you're using.

If you're still getting problems after checking the above, and you're running from CVS, please do the following:

1. Uncomment the #define DEBUG line in org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm/src/mi/MISession.c and rebuild/reinstall the SDM.

2. Send me the resulting console output.

Thanks,

Greg