Re: [ptp-dev] Can't create a parallel launch config

This is a shot in the dark but this might be related to a recent (now
fixed) CDT bug.  For a week or so there was some bug that was preventing us
from creating launch configurations.  Ken Ryall knows the details.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             "Beth Tibbitts"
             <bethtib@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "Parallel Tools Platform general
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         developers" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             28/09/2006 10:01          [ptp-dev] Can't create a parallel
             AM                        launch config

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi.  I just rebuilt PTP from CVS, on my office Linux machine
had to comment out some MPICH2 stuff in core, but except for that it built
fine.
(Running on Linux with OpenMPI 1.0.2)
(P.S. Greg my Thinkpad Linux PTP build is ok, will continue tutorial
run-thru there.)

But when I try to create a parallel launch configuration I get an error.
(I think this is recent; what I built last week(?) from CVS is fine)
This occurs before I can even view the launch config -- as soon as i click
'new' on launch config dialog.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:46)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.setMessage(Status.java :178)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.<init>(Status.java:85)
at
org.eclipse.ptp.ui.PTPUIPlugin.refreshRuntimeSystemNow(PTPUIPlugin.java:287)

at org.eclipse.ptp.ui.PTPUIPlugin.refreshRuntimeSystem(PTPUIPlugin.java
:268)
at
org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.ParallelTab.createControl(ParallelTab.java:120)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.showTabsFor(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java
 :757)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.showInstanceTabsFor(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:697)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.displayInstanceTabs
 (LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:632)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer$6.run(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:548)

--
...Beth