Re: [ptp-dev] Monthly conference call

I'm having major problems with the rewrite I've been doing with how it pertains to Open-MPI. They changed their model around so that when I ask ORTE what nodes it knows about it will only report those that it has discovered so far. Sadly for us, this only comes in when you've run a job and that's not the model under which we run on startup. I've gotten some code from them that supposedly forces a discovery phase but it seg faults our proxy, which isn't very useful at this time. Trying to figure out what's causing it is quite difficult.

I'd like to say that I'll include this new rewrite in the 1.1 release but I'm not really getting anywhere right now. I've rewritten half of it, went into testing phase (which I'm sure will have bugs that I need to iron-out) but these Open-MPI problems have really set me back to square one. I can't even RUN the damn thing, let alone figure out how my reorganization of the Java code and proxy (which was radically changed) effects other things.

The changes I'm introducing are pretty major, but they won't really change the way anything actually LOOKS. It's just the rippling effect they have on the rest of the code base.

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@xxxxxxxx

Greg Watson wrote:
Ok, let's postpone until next month.

Until then, as Beth suggest, we should begin firming up the 1.1 release plan. Please post what you plan to include in this release and I'll update the planning document. We can discuss at the meeting next month.

Greg