Re: [ptp-dev] RC3 debugger croaks on MPI_Status

Hi Beth,

There are two errors in your debugging message (java.lang.ClassCastException and MPI_Status support). My last email mentioned I have fixed the first error (java.lang.ClassCastException). Anyway, I have fixed another. Now you can have MPI_Status in your MPI program. Please check in sdm package and rebuild again.

Regards,
Clement

Beth Tibbitts wrote:

Clement,
It won't support it, meaning we can't have MPI_Status in an MPI program?
Or just that it won't appear correctly in the variables view?
Thanks!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Clement Chu <clement.chu@csse .monash.edu.au> To Sent by: Parallel Tools Platform general ptp-dev-bounces@e developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> clipse.org cc Subject 03/05/2006 07:32 Re: [ptp-dev] RC3 debugger croaks PM on MPI_Status Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@eclipse. org>

fixed the java.lang.ClassCastException problem.  It still not support
MPI_Status in linux at the monent.

Clement

Beth Tibbitts wrote:

Restarted everything.  All processes ended with error.
Console showed this (see bottom of note), amongst other things

Hmmmm...  Type not supported ... seems like there was something in my
sample
test file that I was encouraged to comment out a while back...
I built this one from the sample file within the MPI help plugin again...
Ah... MPI_Status.
When I comment out the declaration and use of MPI_Status, it steps and
runs just fine.

...Beth

======================= EVENT_DBG_ERROR ====================
----- debugger error: Debugger error: type not supported (yet)
------------
   --- Abs debugger:
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.ErrorEvent@27662766
***** CURRENT COMMAND:
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.commands.StopDebuggerCommand@10a010a
<00000003 QUI>
===================== event:
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.ErrorEvent@27662766
Exception in thread "IDebugger Event Thread"
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.ErrorEvent incompatible
with org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.InferiorSignaledEvent
       at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager.handleDebugEvents(UIDebugManager.java:567)

       at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager.access$0(UIDebugManager.java:517)

       at org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager$5.run
(UIDebugManager.java:508)
       at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1721)
       at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1741)
       at
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager.handleDebugEvents
(UIDebugManager.java:512)
       at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.EventManager.fireEvents(EventManager.java:88)

       at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.EventManager.update(EventManager.java:64)

       at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Observable.java:157)
       at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.AbstractDebugger.notifyObservers(AbstractDebugger.java:192)

       at org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.EventThread.run
(EventThread.java:43)
AbstractProxyDebugClientgot event EVENT_OK 111 8:FF
got debug event: EVENT_DBG_OK ff

--
...Beth

Clement Kam Man Chu
Research Assistant
School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Monash University, Caulfield Campus
Ph: 61 3 9903 1964