Re: [polarsys-iwg] Eclipse Tool Stack Interchange Format v0.1

We are investigating this area and will most likely be involve, we first need to confirm who will be working on it in open source.
We should have that person attend EclipseCon France so we can have face to face discussions and hopefully make significant progress that can then be posted on the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: April-16-13 9:35 AM
To: 'Jed Anderson'; 'Polarsys IWG'
Subject: Re: [polarsys-iwg] Eclipse Tool Stack Interchange Format v0.1

> Our plan was to do this under Genuitec license until it was far enough
along to
> be useful to the community and then switch to EPL.  But there's no
> reason
we
> couldn't switch to EPL now, especially if it would further discussion
about the
> specification.

With apologies, I should have made it clear that I don't know if switching would help further discussion. I just found the copyright notice odd when I went to check out the spec. Others on this list will have to explain why they haven't commented.

I can, however, state with certainty that no Eclipse project could _implement_ a spec with such a copyright provision :)

> I did a search for other EPL licensed specifications (specifically
> ones
under
> Eclipse projects) to see what I would need to change to switch to EPL
> but
failed
> to find anything conclusive.  Can you give me a pointer to a document
which
> describes what I need to include to do so?

I think all you have to do would be to replace the current copyright notice with something based on the default Eclipse copyright header[1].

I hope that helps!

****
 * Copyright (c) {DATE} {INITIAL COPYRIGHT OWNER} {OTHER COPYRIGHT OWNERS}.
 * All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
 * are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
 * which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
 * http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
 *
 * Contributors:
 *    {INITIAL AUTHOR} - initial API and implementation and/or initial
documentation