Re: [polarsys-iwg] Eclipse Tool Stack Interchange Format v0.1

> Our plan was to do this under Genuitec license until it was far enough
along to
> be useful to the community and then switch to EPL.  But there's no reason
we
> couldn't switch to EPL now, especially if it would further discussion
about the
> specification.

With apologies, I should have made it clear that I don't know if switching
would help further discussion. I just found the copyright notice odd when I
went to check out the spec. Others on this list will have to explain why
they haven't commented.

I can, however, state with certainty that no Eclipse project could
_implement_ a spec with such a copyright provision :)

> I did a search for other EPL licensed specifications (specifically ones
under
> Eclipse projects) to see what I would need to change to switch to EPL but
failed
> to find anything conclusive.  Can you give me a pointer to a document
which
> describes what I need to include to do so?

I think all you have to do would be to replace the current copyright notice
with something based on the default Eclipse copyright header[1].

I hope that helps!

****
 * Copyright (c) {DATE} {INITIAL COPYRIGHT OWNER} {OTHER COPYRIGHT OWNERS}.
 * All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
 * are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
 * which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
 * http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
 *
 * Contributors:
 *    {INITIAL AUTHOR} - initial API and implementation and/or initial
documentation

***/

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/copyrightandlicensenotice.php

Back to the top