[platform-releng-dev] workspace logs on jenkins?

Hi,

One of the JDT builds repeatedly failed saying

06:15:38 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-surefire-plugin:1.6.0:test (default-test) on project org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler: An unexpected error occurred while launching the test runtime (return code 137). See log /home/jenkins/agent/workspace/eclipse.jdt.core-run.javac-1.8/org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler/target/work/data/.metadata/.log for details. -> [Help 1]

But when I locked for the .log there wasn't even a workspace.

I assume that workspaces disappear at the end of the job when also the executor terminates, right?

But surely there must be a remedy to keep the workspace when you must analyze it for failures, right?

Obviously, deploying the log file at the end of the build didn't work, because the build was aborted before trying to deploy anything.

any hints?
Stephan

PS: at the third attempt the build succeeded again.

Back to the top