Re: [platform-releng-dev] again on session tests

- the PDE/JUnit integration could be obtained by using RepeatedTest from JUnit when run from a launch config
- you want to measure exactly the same thing on each run _for the same scenario_, otherwise its another scenario (my suggestion was for a single scenario, didn't make this explicit enough, I think)
- the code snippet for repeating the same scenario is (from PerformanceMeter's Javadoc):
public void testOpenEditor() {
   Performance perf= Performance.getDefault();
   PerformanceMeter performanceMeter= perf.createPerformanceMeter(perf.getDefaultScenarioId(this));
   try {
      for (int i= 0; i < 10; i++) {
         performanceMeter.start();
         operationToMeasure();
         performanceMeter.stop();
      }
      performanceMeter.commit();
      perf.assertPerformance(performanceMeter);
   } finally {
      performanceMeter.dispose();
   }
}
I agree that ideally the same code would work for session tests. To start a second instance just looks a bit heavyweight to me. Ant must support loops, doesn't it?

Christof

Friday, September 10, 2004 12:35 AM