[platform-releng-dev] 3.0.1 and 3.1 stream branching plan

Since some teams want to start releasing fixes destined for 3.0.1 while others are doing work that will likely end up only in 3.1, we'll use a process similar to the one we used for 2.1:

3.1 stream
- Release changes to HEAD and update map files in the HEAD stream of the org.eclipse.releng project.

3.0.1 maintenance stream
- Create a branch of your affected projects using "R3_0_maintenance" as the branch name and "R3_0" as starting point for the branch. (The "R3_0" tag should already exist on all projects and contain the same content as the version specified in the map files in version R3_0 of org.eclipse.releng.)
- Update the plug-in version to "3.0.1" in the plugin.xml if (and only if) the plug-in actually changes for 3.0.1.
- Release changes to the maintenance stream builds by updating map files in the "R3_0_maintenance" branch of the org.eclipse.releng project.
- I will create branches of org.eclipse.releng and all feature projects and update their feature versions to 3.0.1.

Nightly builds from HEAD will resume on July 5.  The integration build schedules for the 3.1 and 3.0.1 streams will be worked out later.

Thanks,

Sonia

Back to the top