RE: [platform-releng-dev] Eclipse 3.0 by the numbers

It used to be possible to gather that kind of information, but now that there are 35 mirrors, a BitTorrent stream, and likely other distribution mechanisms, I suspect we won't be able to get that information anymore. With the 2.1 release, there were 7 million download requests in the first two days -- and from observing the responsiveness of the servers I suspect it is under similar or greater load with the 3.0 release. Your guess is really as good as mine.

Ed Burnette wrote on 06/29/2004 06:12:54 PM:

> Very funny. I especially liked the statistics on "instances of the
> word 'foo'" :)

> BTW is there any way to look at the download stats, ideally broken
> down by platform?

Back to the top