[platform-dev] Need help cause Help don't work ;-)

Good morning all

I'm evaluating Eclipse as a replacement/upgrade for VAJ.

I'd installed/upgraded to 2.1.3.  (into directory C:\Eclipse)

Pressing Help (F1) or selecting Help/Contents resulted in a blank window
popping up.

Needing to hook into VSS, finding a plug-in which requires Eclipse 3.0,
I upgraded to 3.0 (renamed C:\Eclipse to Eclipse2.1.3 and creating a new
C:\Eclipse.

Still results in a blank window, though the title says something like
http://127.0.0.1:5507/help/index.jsp .  I tried the URL in Netscape 4.7
and IE 6, still get a blank page.

Window/Preferences/Help and /Help Server were default at that time.  I
tried changing to Always use external browsers and accepted the default
of IE.  Same effect, except that the blank window was in IE.

Restored Help and Help Server to default.

I'm running WinXP and do not have admin authority.  The client/services
folks keep that for themselves.

TIA
Cornell

Back to the top