[platform-dev] OT: Code organization

Hi All,

i hope this is not too much of an off-topic. i have a
situation i wanted to run by you to get your opinions.

i started working on a software project that can be
divided into two parts (core components and
client-specific functionality). The "client" part does
not refer to client-side code but to the functionality
written for my company's clients.

both portions are evolving every day. the problem is
currently the two are bundled within the same Eclipse
project. the only thing that separates them is the
fact that each client has a set of packages devoted to
this client. for example, we would have something
like:

com.myco.core
com.myco.clients.client1
com.myco.clients.client1.ejb
com.myco.clients.client2

this just does not look right to me. my initial
thought would be that each client's app should be in a
separate Eclipse project referencing the core project.
then the client's build.xml will first build core.jar
or something like that and use that to compile and
deploy the client's project. what do you guys and gals
think about this? is there a better way of organizing
such code structure?

thanks a lot!
james